This drug is designed for tuberculosis treatment in combination with other drugs. This drug can be prescribed for other diseases treatment as well.
This drug should be taken on doctor’s prescription only. Study drug instruction carefully to define exact doze. The drug should be taken daily at exact time. The intake of antatzides containing aluminium hydrochloride is contra-indicated at least 4 hours after Myambutole intake.
Drug class and mechanism of action
Myambutol is an antibacterial drug, stopping tuberculosis bacterium growth.
During single miss of doze intake it is necessary to take the doze as soon as possible. If the time of missed doze intake corresponds to the time of next doze intake the drug intake should be missed. The double dosage is prohibited for intake
The drug should be stored at the temperature of 15-30°С (59-86°F) at the place protected from heat, humidity and light. The drug should be kept away from children as well. The storage at the bathroom is not recommended.
Warning / precautions
The Myambutol intake is contraindicated in case of allergy for any of its components and eye nerve inflammation.
Be sure to consult your doctor immediately in case of contra indications.
Be sure to inform your doctor on the following factors making influence on drug efficiency:
- Pregnancy, pregnancy planning or breast feeding by the patient
- The intake of any preparations sold without doctor’s prescription, vegetable preparations or food add-ons
- Allergy on drugs, food or other agents
- Podagric arthritis or podagra attacks
- Cataract, eyes inflammation relapse, other eye sight problems caused by diabetes (e.g. diabetes retinopathy).
- Liver or kidney diseases
Some drugs can interact with Myambutol, though such cases have not yet been detected.