This drug is used for the treatment of some infections caused by some bacteria. It can be used as well for the prevention of anthrax.
Take this drug on doctor’s recommendation only. Study drug manual carefully to define exact dose. Drink lot of liquid during Levaquin intake. Consult with your doctor to get detailed instructions. Levaquin is usually prescribed in form of injections on the conditions of hospital. Consult with your doctor to get detailed instructions in case if injections are taken at home.
The drug usage is prohibited if it contains strange particles, it is turbid or colorless and if the bottle has cracks or damages.
Keep the drug, syringe and needles away from children and pets.
The needles, syringes and other materials are for single usage. Follow these materials utilization rules.
This drug is recommended for intake every day at the same time. Take this drug full course. The drug intake stop is prohibited even in case of improvement
Drug class and mechanism of action
This drug is an antibiotic quinolon.
Take this drug as soon as you remember about it. If you remembered about this drug intake during next dose, avoid missed dose and continue with your usual schedule. Double dosage intake is prohibited.
As a rule this drug is stored at doctor. In case if the drug is stored at home strictly follow doctor’s instructions. Keep away from children and pets.
Do not take Levaquin if you are allergic to any of its components or other quinolin antibiotics (cyprofloxacin). Do not take this drug if you have some specific heart rhythm disfunctions(prolonged QT interval syndrome) and simultaneously take cizaprid and other anti arrhythmic drugs (amiodaron, procainamid, quinnidin, sotalol).
Consult with your doctor immediately in case if you have contraindications.
Inform your doctor about the following situations as they might influence drug action:
- Pregnancy, plans to get pregnant or breast feeding
- The intake of any drugs sold with or without prescription, vegetable preparations or food add-ons
- Allergy to drugs, food or other agents,
- Patient or his family members history of quick, slow or irregular heart beat (prolonged QT interval syndrome); chest pain, stenocardia or heart attacks anamnesis
- Anamnesis of other heart diseases (heart insufficiency, heart increase), diabetes, kidney, liver or tendon problems (inflammations) or Altzgamer disease
- Contracted brain blood vessels, increased brain pressure attacks anamnesis (epilepsy)
- Quick suntan or planned sun tanning for a long period of time Some medical preparations can interact with Levaquin.
Inform your doctor on the intake of any drugs:
- Anti arrhythmic drugs (amidaron, procainamid, quinidine, sotalol), arsenic, astemizol, cizaprid, dofetilid, droperidol, galoperidol, imidazol (ketoconazol), macrolides (erythromycin), metadon, paliperidon, fenotiazides (cholorepromazin), pimozid, ranolazin, serotonin antagonist receptors (dolasteron), telitromycin, terfenadin or zipracidone due to increased risk of heart problems development including irregular heart beat
- Insulin or oral diabetes drugs (glibenclamid) due to increased risk of sugar level increase or decrease in blood
- corticosteroids (prednizolon) due to increased risk of tendon problems
- Anti coagulants (varfarin) due to increased risk of bleedings
- Non steroid anti –inflammatory drugs (NSAID) such as ibuprofen or teofilin due to increased risk of side effects development such as spasms
- Serotonin reversed capture inhibitors (SNRIs) (duloxetin) as the risk of its side effects might be increased during Levaquin intake.