Isoptin is used to treat high blood pressure. It can also be used for other purposes as directed your doctor.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Use Isoptin as prescribed your doctor.
- Isoptin should be taken during meals or after.
- If you take this medicine you are not recommended to eat grapefruit.
- You should take the whole pill without chewing.
- Keep taking Isoptin, even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses. Take Isoptin at the same time each day.
THE MECHANISM OF ACTION
Isoptin is a calcium channel blocker. It works by relaxing (widening) blood vessels, reducing blood pressure.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember about it. Skip the missed dose if it happened during the next dose. Do not take a double dose.
Store Isoptin from 59 to 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Keep away from heat, moisture and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep it away from children and away from pets.
Do not use Isoptin if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient of Isoptin;
- you have certain heart problems (e.g., left ventricular dysfunction, sick sinus syndrome, second or third degree, in the absence of a pacemaker), very low blood pressure, or moderate and severe heart failure;
- you have atrial fibrillation or prior stimulation of the nervous system, some syndromes (extra conduction path of the heart), such as Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW) syndrome or Lown-Ganong-Levine (LGL);
- have serious heart problems;
- you are taking dofetilide, Eletriptan, erythromycin, or disopyramide.
Contact your doctor immediately if any of these apply to you
IT IS IMPORTANT:
- Do not drive or perform other important work, if you are taking medication for the first time.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Isoptin to obtain any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Laboratory tests, including liver, kidney, complete blood count and blood pressure, can be performed during treatment. These tests can be used to monitor your condition and help to identify side effects.
- Use Isoptin with caution in the elderly, they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Isoptin should not be used in children younger than 18 years of safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and nourishing: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of use during pregnancy. Isoptin found in breast milk. It is not recommended to nourish while taking Isoptin.