Imuran is used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis heavy cases. It decreases undesirable immune reaction and helps to prevent rejection of the transplants.
Use Imuran in accordance with your doctor indications.
- Take Imuran during or after meal. Take it together with food to decrease stomach upset in case if any.
- consult with your doctor on this drug intake.
Mechanism of action
Imuran is an antimetabolite. It acts by decreasing the influence of specific cells at organism immune system.
Take Imuran as soon as you remember about it. If it happened during next dosage intake time take missed dose and then follow intake schedule. The intake of two pills in one day is prohibited.
Store Imuran at room temperature of 68- 77 F degrees (20 - 25 С degrees). Keep away from the sources of heat, humidity and light, children and pets.
Do not use Imuranif:
- you are allergic to any of its component;
- you have tumor or unusual growth;
- you have rheumatoid arthritis or pregancy;
- you take mercaptoturin.
Contact your doctor at once if any of the following relates to you.
- Imuran can decrease your ability to fight infections. Avoid contacting people with flu. Inform your doctor on any signs of infections such as fever, sore throat, rash or shivering.
- Imuran can decrease the amount of trombocites in blood. Avoid the activity which might cause unusual bruises or bleedings. Inform your doctor if you have dark, resinous or bloody stool.
- inform your doctor or dentist about Imuran intake before getting any medical or dental help, urgent medical help or surgery.
- inform your doctor about Imuran intake before making any injections.
- contact your doctor at once if you have strong vomiting or nausea. It might be accompanied by diarrhea, rash, fever, muscle pains or giddiness. Such reaction occurs usually within first several weeks of treament.
- Imuran can increase the risk of edema development or the development of other cancer diseases. Contact your doctor once you noticed any outgrowths or clots.
- TPMT ferment helps to destroy Imurtan the organism contains. In rare cases some patients might have TPMT decreased activity. This can increase the risk of serious side effects development (serious marrow problems). The patients with TPMT ferment decreased activity might require Imuran dose.
- Laboratory tests such as blood analysis, liver function, TPMT ferment activity analysis can be performed during Imuran intake. These tests can be used for your condition assessment for side effect revealing.
- children should be cautious when using Imuran as its safety and efficiency had not been confirmed.
- pregnancy and breast feeding: Imuran can possibly harm foeutus. Do not take Imuran if you are pregnant. Contact your doctor if you suspect of being pregnant. You will need to discuss the advantages and risks of Imuran usage during pregnancy. Imuran is present at mother milk. Do not do breast feeding during this drug intake.