Cialis Oral Jelly (Tadalafil)
Cialis Oral Jelly is mainly used to get and sustain an erection in cases of erectile dysfunction or in case of impotency.
How to use
Use Cialis Oral Jelly as directed by your doctor.
- Take Cialis Oral Jelly by mouth with or without food.
- Take Cialis Oral Jelly as directed before anticipated sexual activity. If you have certain medical conditions or are taking certain other medicines, you may only be able to take Cialis Oral Jelly once every 2 or 3 days. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cialis Oral Jelly.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Cialis Oral Jelly is a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor. It works by helping the blood flow into the penis to achieve and maintain an erection during sexual stimulation.
If you miss a dose of Cialis Oral Jelly, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor.
Store Cialis Oral Jelly at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Cialis Oral Jelly out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Do not use Cialis Oral Jelly if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Cialis Oral Jelly;
- you have been told by your health care provider not to participate in sexual activity because of certain heart or health problems;
- you are taking or using any type of nitroglycerin (e.g., under the tongue, capsule, tablet, spray, patch, ointment, paste) or other nitrates (e.g., isosorbide), or recreational drugs (poppers) containing amyl or butyl nitrate.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
- Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Avoid drinking alcohol in excess (eg, 5 glasses of wine, 5 shots of whiskey) while taking Cialis Oral Jelly. Drinking alcohol in excess while taking Cialis Oral Jelly may cause an increase in heart rate, decrease in blood pressure, dizziness, and headaches.
- Sexual activity may put extra strain on your heart, especially if you have heart problems. If you have heart problems and experience any symptoms during sexual activity, stop and tell your doctor immediately. These symptoms include severe dizziness, fainting, chest pain, or nausea.
- Cialis Oral Jelly may cause back pain and muscle aches within 12 to 24 hours of taking it. These side effects usually go away within 48 hours. Contact your health care provider if they are bothersome or do not go away.
- Contact your health care provider at once if an erection lasts longer than 4 hours, whether painful or not. If a prolonged erection is not treated immediately, damage to the penis may result.
- Cialis Oral Jelly offers no protection against sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV. Use condoms to protect against sexually transmitted diseases.
- Use Cialis Oral Jelly with caution in the elderly because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Cialis Oral Jelly should not be used in women. If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Cialis Oral Jelly during pregnancy. It is unknown if Cialis Oral Jelly is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Cialis Oral Jelly, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.