Biaxin is used for the treatment of infections caused by some bacteria.
Use Biaxin in accordance with your doctor indications.
Biaxin is for oral intake with or without food take Biaxin at the same time every day.
- continue taking Biaxin even if you feel better. Do not miss any intake.
Consult with your doctor on any questions you have about Biaxin application
Drug class and mechanism of action
Biaxin is macrolid antibiotic. It works by stopping sensitive bacteria growth and killing them at the account of reduction of important proteins production necessary for bacteria survival.
Do not miss any intake. During single miss of doze intake it is necessary to take the doze as soon as possible. If the time of missed doze intake corresponds to the time of next doze intake the drug intake should be missed. The double dosage is prohibited for intake
Store Biaxin at room temperature of 77 F degrees (25 С degrees). Keep away from the sources of heat, humidity and light. Do not store at the bathroom. Keep away from children and pets.
Precautions / warning
Do not use Biaxin if:
- you are allergic to any of Biaxin component or other macrolids (erythromicin)
- you take cizaprid, cyclosporine, dofetilid, eletriptan, spur alkaloids (ergotamine, dihydroegotamin), H1 antagonists ( terfenadin, astemizol), pimozid, QT- prolonging agents ( hinidin, sotalol, tiorizadin), xinolol ( cyprofolacin or sumatripan).
Contact your doctor or pharmaceutist in case any of the following relates to you.
- contact your doctor in case of stomach pains or spasms, heavy diarrhea or bloody stool. Do not treat diarrhea without prior consultation with doctor.
- Biaxin fights bacteria only but it does not treat viral infections (flu).
- long or recurring usage of Biaxin can cause recurring infection. Contact your doctor in case of recurring infection. Your drug might be changed.
- be sure to take full course of Biaxin to get fully rid of infection. Bacteria can become less sensible to this or that drug. This might complicate infection treatment in future.
- during Biaxin intake you might be prescribed to pass such laboratory tests as blood complete analysis. These tests results might be used for your condition assessment and side effects revealing. Mind keeping all the prescriptions done by your doctor.
- Pregnancy and breast feeding: this drug can harm foetus. Biaxin is not recommended for usage unless other antibiotics should be used If plan to get pregnant be sure to consult your doctor on the advantages and dangers of this drug usage during pregnancy. This drug is discharged with mother milk. So be sure to consult your doctor on the advantages and risks of breast feeding or plans to do breast feeding during this drug intake.