THE USE OF THE MEDICINE
Aricept is used to treat mild to moderate dementia (e.g., memory loss, judgments, and abstract thinking, changes in personality) caused by Alzheimer's disease.
HOW TO USE
Use Aricept according your doctor`s prescription.
- Take Aricept orally with or without food.
- Take Aricept evening before bedtime unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
- Keep taking Aricept, even if you feel well. Do not miss any dose.
Ask your doctor any questions you have about how to use Aritspet.
THE MECHANISM OF ACTION
Aricept is a cholinesterase inhibitor. It works by increasing acetylcholine in the brain, which can help improve memory and thinking ability.
If you miss Aricept, take it as soon as possible. When it came time for your next dose, skip the missed reception and return to your normal schedule the reception. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store at room temperature Aricept 59 to 86 degrees F (15 ° and 30 ° C). Keep away from heat, moisture and light. Not store in bathroom. Keep Aricept away from children and away from pets.
Do not use Aricept if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient Aricept or piperidine derivatives (e.g., cyproheptadine).
Contact your doctor immediately if any of this applies to you.
IT IS IMPORTANT:
- Aricept may cause drowsiness and dizziness. These effects may worsen if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Aricept with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Aricept to obtain any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Aricept should not use children; the safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Aricept during pregnancy. If you breastfeed while using Aricept, consult your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.