USE OF THE MEDICINE
Adalat is used to lower hypertension (high blood pressure), as well as to treat angina (chest pain).
HOW TO USE
Use Adalat as prescribed your doctor.
- Take Adalat orally. It can be taken with food if it causes discomfort in the stomach. Taking the medicine with food may not lower the risk of stomach problems or intestine (e.g., bleeding, ulcers.) Talk to your doctor if you have persistent stomach upset.
- Swallow Adalat whole. Do not crush, crush or chew before swallowing.
Ask your doctor any questions you have about how to use Adalat.
THE MECHANISM OF ACTION
Adalat works by interfering with normal activity of calcium in the blood vessel constrictions, (relaxing the blood vessels) and heart muscle (heart may beat with less force and pump out less blood) and nerve conduction in the heart (heart may beat slower and more regular).
If you miss a Adalat, take it as soon as possible. If it’s time for your next dose, skip the missed reception and return to your normal schedule of dosage. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 ° and 30 ° C) in a tightly closed container. Keep away from heat, moisture and light. Do not store in bathroom. Keep out of children and away from pets.
Do not use Adalat if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Adalat.
Contact your doctor immediately if any of the following applies to you.
IT IS IMPORTANT:
- Do not drive, or perform other dangerous tasks until you know how to react to the medicine.
- Proper dental care is important while taking Adalat. Brush your teeth and visit your dentist regularly.
- Use Adalat with caution for the elderly, they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Adalat while pregnancy. It is not known whether Adalat exude with breast milk. If you breastfeed while taking Adalat, consult your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.