THE USE OF THE MEDICINE
Aciphex is used for treating heartburn or irritation of the esophagus caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It can be used for short-term treatment of ulcers of the small intestine, can be used with certain antibiotics to treat ulcers of the small intestine, and to help prevent a relapse (symptoms). The drug can be used to treat conditions that produced too much stomach acid (e.g., Zollinger-Ellison syndrome). It can also be used for other symptoms that your doctor identified.
HOW TO TAKE THE MEDICINE
Take Aciphex in complience with the instructions of a doctor. Pay attention to the label medicines for taking exact dose.
- Take Aciphex orally with or without food.
- Fully ingest the drug. Do not crush, break or chew before swallowing.
- You may take antacids while taking Aciphex if there is a doctor's prescription.
- If you are also taking imidazole antifungal (e.g., ketoconazole), take them at least 2 hours before taking Aciphex.
- If you also take sucralfate, take Aciphex not less than 30 minutes before taking sucralfate.
- Keep taking Aciphex, even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
THE MECHANISM OF ACTION
Aciphex is a proton pump inhibitor. It works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Treats heartburn or irritation of the esophagus caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It can be used for short-term treatment of ulcers of the small intestine. Can be used with certain antibiotics to treat ulcers of the small intestine, as well as to help prevent a relapse (symptoms). This medicine can be used to treat conditions that produced too much stomach acid (e.g., Zollinger-Ellison syndrome). It can also be used for other symptoms that your doctor identified.
IF YOU MISS A DOSE
If you miss a Aciphexa, take it as soon as possible. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule reception. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store at room temperature Aciphex between 68 and 77 degrees Fahrenheit (20 and 25 degrees C) ,in a tightly closed container. Brief storage is allowed at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit (15 to 30 degrees C). Keep away from heat, moisture and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Aciphex away from children and pets.
Do not use Aciphex if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient of Aciphex.
Contact your doctor or medical assistant immediately if any of the following applies to you.
IT IS IMPORTANT:
- Aciphex can lead to increased sensitivity to the sun. Avoid exposure to sunlight, tanning, sunburn, or until you know how you react to Aciphex. Use a sunscreen or protective clothing if you must be outdoors for long periods.
- Can be conducted laboratory tests to monitor your progress or check for side effects. Keep all prescription and laboratory.
- If you plan to become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Aciphex during this period. It is not known if Aciphex exudes with breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Aciphex.