Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate)
Viagra is used for erectile disfunction treatment (men impotence). It works by helping to improve blood flow in penis to get and to support erection during sexual agitation.
Take Viagra 30 minutes – 1 hour before sexual activity. You can take it 4 hours before sexual activity. Do not take Viagra more than once a day.
Mechanism of action
Viagra is a phosphodiesterase 5 type inhibitor, it works by increasing blood flow in penis to get and to support erection during sexual agitation.
Viagra is used as needed, so you are unlikely to be on a dosing schedule.
If you think you have used too much of this medicine seek emergency medical attention right away. The symptoms of overdose usually include chest pain, nausea, irregular heartbeat, and feeling light-headed or fainting.
Store Viagra at original packing at room temperature of 59 - 86 F degrees (15-30 ° С) and keep away from humidity, heat and children.
Do not take Viagra if you take the drugs with nitrates for chest pain treatment or heart problems treatment. Amoung such drugs are nitroglycerine (Nitrostat, Nitrolingual, Nitro-Dur, Nitro-Bid, Minitran, Deponit, Transderm-Nitro), isosorbide di nitrate (Dilatrate-SR, Isordil, Sorbitrate) and isosorbide mononitrate (Imdur, Monoket) or recreactional drugs such as amil nitrate or nitrite ("poppers").
Inform your doctor on any drugs you use for erectile disfunction treatment or any of the following drugs:
- bosentana (Tracleer);
- varafrine (Coumadin);
- cimetidine (Tagamet, Tagamet HB);
- antibiotics, e. g. erythromycin (E-MYCIN, Eryc, Ery-Tab) or clarithromycin (Biaxin);
- doxaxozin (Cardura), prazozin (MINI PRESS), terazozine (Hytrin);
- drugs against AIDS such as amprenavir (Agenerase), tipranavir (Aptivus), darunavir(Presista), efavirenz (Stockrin), nevirapin (Viramun), indinavir (Kriksivan), sakvinavir (Inviraze, Fotovraze), lopinavir / ritonavir (Kaletra), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), ritonavir (Norvir), atanazavir (Reataz), or nelfinavir (Virasept);
- antifungal drugs such as itrakonazole (Sporanox) or ketokonazole (Nizoral);
- karbamazepin(Tegretol), Phenobarbital (luminal) or fenitoin (Dilantin)
- rifampizin (Rifadin, Rimactane) or rifabutin (Mycobutin).
Inform your doctor on any drugs you use. Inform about vitamins, minerals. Vegetable products and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start informing your drug without telling your doctor.
Avoid taking Viagra in case you have serious heart problems. Use Viagra cautiously if you had heart attack or other dangerous heart rhythm disfunctions within last 6 months. Be cautions as well if you have blood pressure fluctuations, heart insufficiency or unstable stenocardia.
Stop Viagra intake in case of heart diseases symptoms occurrence (giddiness, vomiting and chest pain) during sexual activity. Inform your doctor immediately.
if you have the condition which can cause prolonged erection such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma (bone brain disease) or leukaemia use Viagra with cautiousness. Be cautious as well in case you have sexual problems such as Peironi disease. If erection last more than 4 hours ask for medical help.
Be cautious if you have problems with coagulability, ulcer or pigmental retinitis. Viagra safety in these cases had not been studied.