Atarax is used for the treatment of agitation, for soothing before and after general anaesthesia, for the treatment of itch after several allergic diseases including nettle rash and contact dermatitis (toxic ivy). It can be used for other cases defined by the doctor.
Use Atarax in accordance with doctor’s recommendations.
- Atarax is for oral intake together or without food. Take this drug with food to decrease stomach upset.
- Swallow Atarax fully. Do not break it or chew it before swallowing.
- continue taking Atarax even if you feel better. Do not miss any intake. Mind taking Atarax every day at the same time.
Consult your doctor on any questions related to Atarax intake.
Drug class and mechanism of action
Atarax is an antihistaminic drug. It works by influencing the brain for agitation decrease. Is acts as well pain and allergy symptoms release, vomiting and nausea prevention and treatment due to movements disfunction.
During single miss of doze intake it is necessary to take the doze as soon as possible. If the time of missed doze intake corresponds to the time of next doze intake the drug intake should be missed. The double dosage is prohibited for intake
Store Atarax at the temperature of 59- 77 F degrees (15- 25 С degrees). Keep away from the sources of heat, humidity and light. Do not store and the bathroom. Keep Atarax away from children and pets.
Precautions / warning
Do not use Atarax if:
- you are allergic to any of Atarax component;
- you take sodium oxybate (GHB);
- you are on the first pregnancy trimester.
Contact your doctor or pharmaceutist in case any of the following relates to you.
Some medical preparations can interact with Atarax. Be sure to inform your doctor or pharmaceutist on any of the following diseases or situations:
- pregnancy, plans to get pregnant or breast feeding
- intake of any drugs sold with or without prescription, vegetable preparations or food add-ons
- allergy to drugs, food or other agents
- asthma, glaucoma, difficult urination, incontinence or intestinal blocking, prostate gland or blood diseases
- alcohol abuse
Some medical preparations can interact with Atarax. Be sure to inform your doctor on the intake of any of the following drugs:
- Sodium oxybate (GHB), as it might cause such side effects as sleep duration increase and breathing slow- down.